Latest News & Updates | Regularly Updated Blogs about UK Visa & Immigration
free uk visa advice


Until a while ago there was a visa called Representative of an Overseas Newspaper, News Agency or Broadcasting Organisation, but this visa category has now been renamed. Under the present scheme a person may now hold a visa as the rather simpler “Media Representative” (which is something like the old visa category) or as a “Sole Representative” (an associated visa route, relating to a business in any other field), and the rules for the two categories are different.

In this article we will have a brief look at the Media Representative visa route. 

For a migrant to qualify as a Media Representative they must work for an overseas media organisation which does not have any business presence in the UK. (If it did they would have to apply for some other kind of visa.) They must be posted to the UK on a long-term assignment and they must intend to work full-time in their job and not take any other type of employment. 

The initial grant of leave is normally for three years and it may be extendable. Settlement may be available for the main applicant and any dependants after five years. 

There is an English language requirement for initial applications, at A1 level. 

This visa route is simpler than the Sole Representative route, which has some significant additional requirements. 

If you are interested in this route you are welcome to contact us, and we will be able to advise you. 



Oliver Westmoreland

OISC Level 3 Immigration Adviser