Unmarried Partner Visa

UK Immigration as an Unmarried Partner under Appendix FM Immigration rules

UK Unmarried Partner Visa Application

You can apply for a partner visa as an unmarried partner if you can prove a relationship like marriage or civil partnership with a qualifying sponsor for at least two years, either outside the UK or within the UK. You may or may not have lived together during this period.

This visa application can be considered a little tricky as you would need to show that you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship and when you are not in a marriage/civil partnership it is vital to get this right. We will help you work out how to present this to the UKVI/Home office to ensure you are meeting the relationship requirements. You can apply for an Unmarried Partner visa from your home country or in the UK. Unmarried partners can be same-sex or different sex.

If you are in the UK on a different kind of visa you may be able to switch to an Unmarried Partner visa within the UK with a qualifying sponsor.

We have successfully helped unmarried partners to apply for Unmarried Partner visa

The Unmarried Partner visa requirements have an added focus on evidence of the genuine relationship. Below are some of the requirements that you need to meet depending on your circumstances:

  • Evidence that you have lived together
  • Evidence that your relationship is genuine and subsisting
  • English language requirement
  • Financial requirements (the basic requirement is gross yearly earnings of at least £29,000
  • Accommodation requirements
  • You will also need to pay the UKVI visa processing fee; the visa fee varies depending on if you are applying from inside the UK or outside. For fee details see.

What we can do for you for a successful Unmarried Partner Visa

We will provide a Person and Country Specific Document Checklist so that you can gather the required documents according to your circumstances so that you have the best chance of success with your unmarried partner visa application.

We are able to explain and guide how you can meet each of the specific requirements for the Unmarried Partner Visa.

We will complete your application forms and advise you as to how the application is submitted and where and when the Biometrics will take place.

We will ensure we have up to date information to ensure your application is submitted efficiently with the best chance of success.

We will continue to make ourselves available during and after the submission of your application until a decision is made.

We will work hard and advise you with the most up to date immigration rules.

Contact us now to apply for a UK Unmarried Partner Visa 

Why not give GSN Immigration a call to discover that we are the best Unmarried Partner Visa Immigration Lawyers in London, and Harrow. We work with clients from all over the UK, so if you are not in London or Harrow do not worry, we can assist you wherever you are. We provide the best immigration advice in London at OISC Level 3 for a Partner Visa to clients from all over the UK, including, Harrow, Wembley, Ealing, Birmingham, Oxford, Slough, High Wycombe, Milton Keynes, Bristol and even Scotland.

Our clients come from all over the world including Russia, Saudi Arabia, UAE, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Ghana, Tanzania, Morocco, Iran, Egypt, USA, Canada, Italy, Nigeria, Brazil, Columbia, Sri Lanka, Iraq, Vietnam & China to name a few.

We have experienced Immigration Lawyers in London, and we also have Immigration Lawyers in Harrow, so you have access to the best Immigration Advice in London.

You can call and speak to our Immigration Lawyers in London on 0207 993 6981, they are ready to take your call.

You can also call our Immigration Lawyers in Harrow on +44 208 150 6709

Call now and speak to us and discover for yourself that we are the right Immigration Lawyers in London, or Harrow, for you. Alternatively, you can Email us on info@gsnimmigration.co.uk 

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the UK Unmarried Partner visa?

The Unmarried Partner visa grants leave to a partner of a qualifying sponsor on the basis of a two-year relationship like marriage or civil partnership.

What is the main requirement for unmarried partner visa?

Proving a genuine and subsisting relationship for at least two years.

Is there any English language test requirement for the unmarried partner visa?

Yes, normally.

How to extend unmarried partner visa?

You can extend your unmarried partner visa within the UK online; you should apply before your current visa expires.

For how long is the unmarried partner visa granted?

The initial visa is issued for 33 months if you are applying from outside the UK. If you are applying from inside the UK the visa will be granted for 30 months.

How much does an Unmarried Partner visa cost?

The visa application fee for an Unmarried Partner is £1,846 from outside the UK and £1,048 from within the UK. There is also the Immigration Health Surcharge to pay, which is £1,035 per year.


Do You Need Immigration Advice & Want A Successful Outcome?

Talk to us! We promise we can help you! Call Now! (+44) 208-150-6709


Read Our Blogs

Read more articles

Need a UK Immigration Lawyer

Speak to our Experienced Immigration Lawyers for Honest Immigration Advice. Book your FREE ASSESSMENT Today!