EU Settlement Scheme

Apply for Pre-Settled Status & Settled Status for EEA Nationals & Family members

Apply for EU Settlement Scheme

EU Settlement Scheme is for EEA Nationals & their Family Members who wish to remain in the UK after 30th June 2021. New Immigration rules introduced by the Home Office state that EEA National and Family Members of EU Nationals MUST apply for leave to remain under Appendix EU. The UK left the EU on 29th March 2017 and currently we are in a transition period which ends on 31st December 2021.

Because of Brexit, the Home Office decided to change the basis of immigration leave for EEA nationals and their family members already in the UK.

They created a new scheme called the EU Settlement Scheme, which consists of two new immigration statuses for affected migrants: Pre-Settled Status (which is similar to the previous EEA Residence Card status) and Settled Status (which is similar to the previous Permanent Residence status). Those who hold leave under the previous EU scheme must at some point switch to the new scheme, or they will lose their legal basis of stay in the UK.

Applications from outside the UK for EEA Family Permits are continuing as normal for the time being (coronavirus permitting), and are not part of the EU Settlement Scheme.

Pre Settled status application & Settled status application can be submitted online. Pre Settled status and benefits include being able to continue to live in the UK for 5 years after which the holder can apply for Permanent stay, access to NHS, access to government funding for studies in the UK etc. 

The Home Office has made it convenient to apply for Pre-Settled Status or Settled Status. For a start, there is no application fee, which is helpful. But the application process is far easier than it is for other types of visa applications, and the eligibility criteria are much less strict than they were for EU applications under the previous regime. 

A qualified migrant who is in the UK may apply for Pre-Settled or Settled Status. If they have been in the UK for less than five years then they should be granted Pre-Settled Status and if for more than five years then they should be granted Settled Status. When you apply for EU Settled status there could be various ways of proving presence in the UK but the most relied upon method is HMRC tax records. Applicants must give their National Insurance number if they have one, and the Home Office will check their working history. 

The application process is relatively simple. No physical documents normally need to be posted to the Home Office: the application is submitted by the internet and Mobile Application which has been developed by the Home Office. You can apply for Settled status for the child as parents and if the Home Office requires further information and documents they can contact you.

If you want further advice or you want to apply under the EU Settlement Scheme we will be able to help you. If you want to apply for Settled status and are not sure what documents you can use to ensure you are granted Settled status rather than Pre settled status contact us and we will advise you.

Requirements to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme

EU Settlement Scheme requires you to provide relevant evidence to the Home Office in support of your application which can include details: 

  • Either you are an EEA National or a Family member of an EEA National
  • Valid Passport or Identity Card of the applicant to confirm their nationality
  • Proof of residence in the UK if you are already in the UK
  • National Insurance number (if you have been issued one, if not you can Apply for National Insurance number
  • Relationship evidence if applying as a Family member of an EU/EEA National

You can be granted Pre Settled Status if you have lived in the UK for less than 5 years and Settled Status if you have lived in the UK for 5 or more years. If you wish to become British Citizen you can apply for Naturalisation once you have obtained Settled status, upon meeting all the requirements for Naturalisation.

To read more details about becoming British Citizen you can obtain further information on

The Home Office has incorrectly given Pre settled status to many applicants when they were clearly meeting the requirements for Settled status, such was the case for the UK’s Top Chef who has cooked for the Royal family, Read more

If you think you should have been issued with the Settled Status but the Home Office has issued you with the Pre Settled Status, you can challenge this decision and our experienced Immigration Lawyers can assist you with this.

Contact us now to apply for EU Settlement Visa

Why not give us a call to discover that we are the best EU Settlement application immigration Lawyers in London and Harrow. We work with clients from all over the UK, so if you are not in London or Harrow do not worry, we can assist you wherever you are. We provide the best immigration advice in London at OISC Level 3 for EU settlement scheme visa to clients from all over the UK, including, Harrow, Wembley, Ealing, Birmingham, Oxford, Slough, High Wycombe, Milton Keynes, Bristol and even Scotland.

Our clients come from all over the world including Russia, Saudi Arabia, UAE, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Ghana, Tanzania, Morocco, Iran, Egypt, USA, Canada, Italy, Nigeria, Brazil, Columbia, Sri Lanka, Iraq, Vietnam & China to name a few.

We have experienced Immigration Lawyers in London, and we also have Immigration Lawyers in Harrow, so you have access to the best Immigration Advice in London.

You can call and speak to our Immigration Lawyers in London on 0207 993 6981, they are ready to take your call.

You can also call our Immigration Lawyers in Harrow on +44 208 150 6709

Call now and speak to us and discover for yourself that we are the right Immigration Lawyers in London, or Harrow, for you. Alternatively, you can Email us at 


Do You Need Immigration Advice & Want A Successful Outcome?

Talk to us! We promise we can help you! Call Now! (+44) 208-150-6709

EU Settlement Scheme procedure

Recent News

Read All News

Need a UK Immigration Lawyer

Speak to our Experienced Immigration Lawyers for Honest Immigration Advice. Book your FREE ASSESSMENT Today!