Adult Dependent Visa

Sponsor Parents & Adult Dependent relative to the UK

Apply for a UK Visa for your Parents / Adult Dependent Relative Visa

The Adult Dependent Relative visa enables a non-EEA migrant – under very specific circumstances – to come and live with their qualifying relative in the UK on a permanent basis. Parents, grandparents, siblings and adult children of qualifying UK residents can apply to join their families in the UK.

But, very importantly, for this visa the applicant must be able to show that they need long-term care, because of age, illness or disability, and it must be that such care or treatment is not available to them in their country of residence, either because it is not available or because it is not affordable for them.

This application must be made to the UK visa centre outside the UK: it cannot be made in the UK.  

However, if your parents or Adult Dependent relative are in the UK and there are reasons beyond their control for not being able to apply from their home country they can submit their application outside the Immigration rules. If the application is refused you can appeal the decision and UKVI decision of refusal can be overturned.

Requirements for an Adult Dependent visa

The sponsor in the UK must be either a British citizen, settled in the UK, or a person granted Refugee status or Humanitarian Protection status. 

The applicant must prove, with good medical evidence, that they need long-term care. This could be medical care because they have a medical condition or more general care because they are elderly or frail. 

They must also show that this care is not available to them in their home country, for example, because they require a specific treatment which is not available in that country or because they cannot afford to pay for the care they need, and there is nobody in that country who can or will provide it.

The sponsor in the UK must also show that there will suitable and sufficient accommodation and financial support available for the applicant. 

What we can do for a successful Parent / Adult Dependent Visa Application

This is a difficult visa to submit successfully. The various elements all have to be proved to a high standard, and some of them are not easy to establish. 

We would first of all assess the case and see if it has a realistic chance of success, and advise you accordingly. 

If we agree to proceed we will put together the evidence to best effect in order to create the strongest possible application. 

Contact us now to apply for an Adult Dependent Relative Visa 

Why not give us a call to discover that we are the best Adult Dependent Visa Immigration Lawyers in London, and Harrow. We work with clients from all over the UK, so if you are not in London or Harrow do not worry, we can assist you wherever you are. We provide the best immigration advice in London at OISC Level 3 for UK Parents Visa & Adult Dependent relative Visa to clients from all over the UK, including, Harrow, Wembley, Ealing, Birmingham, Oxford, Slough, High Wycombe, Milton Keynes, Bristol and even Scotland.

Our clients come from all over the world including Russia, Saudi Arabia, UAE, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Ghana, Tanzania, Morocco, Iran, Egypt, USA, Canada, Italy, Nigeria, Brazil, Columbia, Sri Lanka, Iraq, Vietnam & China to name a few.

We have experienced Immigration Lawyers in London, and we also have Immigration Lawyers in Harrow, so you have access to the best Immigration Advice in London.

You can call and speak to our Immigration Lawyers in London on 0207 993 6981, they are ready to take your call.

You can also call our Immigration Lawyers in Harrow on +44 208 150 6709

Call now and speak to us and discover for yourself that we are the right Immigration Lawyers in London, or Harrow, for you. Alternatively, you can Email us on 

Frequently Asked Questions

How to apply for Adult Dependent & Parent Visa?

You can apply for an adult dependent visa online and must also complete Appendix 1 to accompany the application form.

Who can apply Adult Dependent Visa?

Adult Dependent Visa can be applied by dependents of a British Citizen and of a Settled person (person holding Indefinite Leave to Remain).

What are the requirements for Adult Dependent Visa?

Adult dependent who wishes to come to the UK should be a relative of the Sponsor. You can sponsor your parents, grandparents, brother, sister and children if they are over 18.

How long does it take to get the Adult Dependent Visa?

Processing time is usually 8-12 weeks but the Home Office can take longer if the case is complicated or not presented in an orderly manner.

What if my Adult Dependent Visa is refused?

You should be given Right of appeal to challenge the Home Office’s decision in court. There are strict requirements to be met for this visa, so it is vital you have professional representation to submit this application and proceed to court if required.

My parents are in the UK on a Visit visa can they switch to this visa within the UK?

Although applicants on visit visas are not allowed to switch to Adult Dependent Visa within the UK however, if there are specific circumstances where they are unable to return to their home country to apply they might be able to apply outside the Immigration rules, you should check with your Immigration Lawyer if this applies to you.

How much does it costs to apply for Adult Dependent visa?

The UKVI fee for the Adult Dependent visa is £3250.


Do You Need Immigration Advice & Want A Successful Outcome?

Talk to us! We promise we can help you! Call Now! (+44) 208-150-6709

Bring Parents to the UK

Read Blog

Read more articles...

Need a UK Immigration Lawyer

Speak to our Experienced Immigration Lawyers for Honest Immigration Advice. Book your FREE ASSESSMENT Today!