UK Student Visa

Study in the UK | Apply for UK Student Visa

Apply for your Student visa to Study in the UK

A non-EEA National can apply for a Student visa to study in the UK under the Points-based System. UK Schools, Colleges & Universities are well known for providing first-class education amongst International students. UK Universities remain one of the top choices for students to come and study here, in the UK.

A Student Visa is applied for when a student has an unconditional offer from a Licensed Sponsor and can demonstrate that they have sufficient maintenance funds to maintain themselves during their stay in the UK while studying.

You can study the following courses in the UK on a UK student Visa:
  • English language courses
  • Foundation programmes
  • Bachelor’s degree programme
  • Master’s degree programme
  • PHD programme

You can apply for a UK Student Visa 3 months before starting your course, most applications are processed within 3-4 weeks of submission. The UKVI may conduct an interview with the applicant to determine you are a genuine student. You can also bring your dependents, family members to the UK if you study a Postgraduate Degree.

When you are in the UK on a Student visa you have to comply with your visa conditions such as following:

  • No access to public funds commonly known as benefits in the UK
  • Do not obtain employment as a professional sportsman or sports coach  – if you wish to take up these employment you can apply for a different visa
  • Follow work restrictions as might be and might not be allowed to work part time in the UK and limited number of hours either 10 or 20 hours a week

You can apply for a Post Study Work (PSW) Visa UK once you complete your studies.

UK University & College Admission 

GSN Immigration can help you obtain Admission to study in the UK. We have a team of dedicated Student Advisers who can assist you with finding a School, College & University for you to study your course in the UK. AS your Student Advisers we will help you with obtaining admission as we have contracts with the institutes to recruit International students for them & also assist you with your Visa application. For students, we provide comprehensive services from assisting you with your admission and helping you settle in the UK so you can concentrate on your studies while we look after the rest for you.

There are several scholarships available for students who meet the eligibility criteria. UK Scholarships can cover part or full of your tuition fees and can be encouraging for International Students to come and study in the UK. 

Requirements for a Student visa

The UK Visa fee for Student Visa application is £490 for the application applying from overseas and the student also needs to pay an Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) of £470 per year depending on the length of the course.

Student Dependent visa application can also be submitted at the same time when the main applicant applies for their student visa. However, if the Dependent wants to apply for their student dependent visa later to accompany the main applicant, it is also possible.

Please note a Student visa applicant can only sponsor Dependent if they are coming to the UK to study a Postgraduate course.

To be successful in your application you will need to meet the UK Student Visa requirements some of which are mentioned below:

  • A Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) from a Sponsor such as a University
  • Maintenance funds of £9,207 if you will study outside the UK or £12,006 if the studies will be carried out at a University in London
  • IELTS certificate to demonstrate a level of English language skills – There are exceptions based on nationality
  • TB test result to demonstrate your health condition – There are exceptions based on country of residence 
  • Attend an interview with the UKVI and answer any questions they might have regarding your application 

You can enter the UK 1 week or 1 month before your course starts depending on if your course is 6 months or longer as per Tier 4 General Student Visa rules.

What we can do for you for a successful Student Visa application

We are able to explain and guide you on how to meet each of the specific requirements for the Student visa when we take up your case so you are fully prepared for your application. GSN Immigration Lawyers have also helped many applicants who have had their student visa refused and helped them to reapply to obtain the visa successfully.

We can advise you about submitting the right documents so that you have the best possible application. 

It is our job to complete your application forms and also submit the application. This also includes advice on the Biometrics appointment. 

Our aim is to submit your application smoothly and in addition provide up-to-date information at all times. This way you do not need to keep up to date with the UKVI changes.

We remain available during and after the submission of your application and until a decision comes through.

A legal representation letter is vital and will support your application.

We will work hard and diligently and advise you fully on your application. This ensures you have the best chance of success.

Contact us now to apply for a Student Visa

Why not contact GSN Immigration to discover that we are the best UK Student Visa Immigration Lawyers in London, and Harrow. We work with clients from all over the UK, so if you are not in London or Harrow do not worry, we can assist you wherever you are. We provide the best immigration advice in London at OISC Level 3 for a Tier 4 Student Visa to clients from all over the UK, including, Harrow, Wembley, Ealing, Birmingham, Oxford, Slough, High Wycombe, Milton Keynes, Bristol and even Scotland.

Our clients come from all over the world including Russia, Saudi Arabia, UAE, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Ghana, Tanzania, Morocco, Iran, Egypt, USA, Canada, Italy, Nigeria, Brazil, Columbia, Sri Lanka, Iraq, Vietnam & China to name a few.

We have experienced Immigration Lawyers in London, and we also have Immigration Lawyers in Harrow, so you have access to the best Immigration Advice in London.

You can call and speak to our Immigration Lawyers in London on 0207 993 6981, they are ready to take your call.

You can also call our Immigration Lawyers in Harrow on +44 208 150 6709

Call now and speak to us and discover for yourself that we are the right Immigration Lawyers in London, or Harrow, for you. Alternatively, you can Email us on 

Frequently Asked Questions

I am in the UK on a Visitor Visa, can I switch to student visa from within the UK?

UK Immigration rules does not allow you to switch from Visitor Visa to Student Visa, you can travel back to your home country or country of residence and apply to return on Student visa.

I have completed a Master course in the UK can I study another Master’s course and extend my student visa?

Yes, you can as long it is progress from your previous course and you believe it will further enhance your skills and advance your career.

How much maintenance funds do I require to apply for my student visa application?

You will need to have funds of £12006 if you are coming to study in London for 9 or more months otherwise funds of £9207 will suffice if your University is outside London.

How many hours can I work in the UK on a Student visa?

You can work 20 hours per week during term time and full time during holidays from your University.

Can my Dependent work in the UK on Student Dependent visa? And Can my children go to schools in the UK on a Tier 4 Dependent visa?

Yes, your Dependent can work in the UK full time on a Student Dependent visa. Also your children can attend UK state schools without having to pay any tuition fee. If you would like your children to attend private school in the UK, you will need to pay their tuition fees.


Do You Need Immigration Advice & Want A Successful Outcome?

Talk to us! We promise we can help you! Call Now! (+44) 208-150-6709

Tier 4 Replaced by Student Visa route

Recent News

Read All News

Need a UK Immigration Lawyer

Speak to our Experienced Immigration Lawyers for Honest Immigration Advice. Book your FREE ASSESSMENT Today!