EEA Family Permit

Visa to enter the UK as EEA National Family Member | Immigration under EEA / EU Law

Apply for Family Permit for your Non-EEA National Family Member

A non EEA National family member of an EEA National can apply for an EEA Family Permit to join their partner in the UK until June 2021 if Britain leaves the EU with a deal or until Dec 2020 if Britain leaves the EU with a deal. 

The EEA National must be exercising their Treaty Rights if they have been in the UK for 3 months or more. They must be a qualified person as per the EEA Immigration Rules 2016 which means the EEA National must be exercising their Free Movement Rights in any of the categories below:

  • Worker
  • Self Employed
  • Student
  • Self Sufficient with savings or a 
  • Job seeker

So if you are an EEA NAtional and have a family member or an extended family member that you would like to sponsor to join you in the UK, then now is the time before Britain leaves the EU.

You can sponsor any of the following relatives:

  • Your Family Member
    • Spouse
    • Civil Partner
    • Child 
    • Parent
    • Grandparent
    • Grandchild
  • Your Extended Family Member
    • Unmarried Partner
    • Fiance
    • Brother or sister
    • Cousin
    • Aunt/ Uncle
    • Brother or Sister in Law

We have helped many EU Nationals be united with their non-EEA Family members in the UK with an EEA Family Permit. The EEA Family Permit UK can be applied from anywhere in the world and is valid for 6 months. With the 6 months EEA Family permit you can enter and exit the UK as many times as you like as long as it remains valid. You have the right to work full-time on an EEA Family Permit. Before the expiry of the EEA Family Permit you will need to apply for an EEA Residence Card to secure your stay in the UK for 5 years. Following this you can apply for Pre-Settled Status.

EU Citizens after Brexit can apply for the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit.

Requirements for an EEA Family Permit

There is no UK government or visa fee for an EEA Family Permit and the UKVI should treat your application as a priority.

To be successful in your application you will need to present evidence to the UKVI in support of your application for the following:

  • Your relationship with the EEA National Family Member
  • That you have met 
  • That you are dependent on your EEA National Family member either financially or for care
  • Your EEA National Family Member is a qualified person i.e. exercising their EEA Treaty Rights
  • That your EEA National Family Member can afford to house you and maintain you in the UK 

You can only apply for an EEA Family Permit 3 months before you intend to enter the UK, usually EEA Family Permit applications are processed in 4 weeks of submission depending as the UKVI prioritises these applications. You should apply for your EEA Visa before December 2020 as the law is changing due to Brexit.

What we can do for you for a successful EEA Family permit Application

We can initially advise you about the strength of your application. If there are likely to be any difficult issues we will advise you on these.

We can advise you about submitting the right documents so that you have the best possible application. 

It is our job to complete your application forms and also submit the application. This also includes advice on the Biometrics appointment. 

Our aim is to submit your application smoothly and in addition provide up to date information at all times. This way you do not need to keep up to date with the UKVI changes.

We remain available during and after the submission of your application and until a decision comes through.

A legal representation letter is vital and will support your application.

We will work hard and diligently and advise you fully on your application. This ensures you have the best chance of success.

Contact us now to apply for EEA Permit & EEA Visa

Why not give us a call to discover that we are the best EEA/EU Family Permit Immigration Lawyers in London, and Harrow. We work with clients from all over the UK, so if you are not in London or Harrow do not worry, we can assist you wherever you are. We provide the best immigration advice in London at OISC Level 3 for a EEA Permit to clients from all over the UK, including, Harrow, Wembley, Ealing, Birmingham, Oxford, Slough, High Wycombe, Milton Keynes, Bristol and even Scotland.

Our clients come from all over the world including Russia, Saudi Arabia, UAE, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Ghana, Tanzania, Morocco, Iran, Egypt, USA, Canada, Italy, Nigeria, Brazil, Columbia, Sri Lanka, Iraq, Vietnam & China to name a few.

We have experienced Immigration Lawyers in London, and we also have Immigration Lawyers in Harrow, so you have access to the best Immigration Advice in London.

You can call and speak to our Immigration Lawyers in London on 0207 993 6981 , they are ready to take your call.

You can also call our Immigration Lawyers in Harrow on +44 208 150 6709

Call now and speak to us and discover for yourself that we are the right Immigration Lawyers in London, or Harrow, for you. Alternatively, you can Email us on

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to apply for Family Permit as EU National Family member before I travel to the UK or can I apply at the UK airport?

It is possible to obtain a Family Permit at the UK border if you are able to travel to the UK without one and have the correct documentation in place. However, if you have adverse previous UK Immigration history it is better advisable to apply & obtain EEA Family Permit prior to travelling to the UK.

My Family Permit / EEA Visa has been refused, can I appeal or apply gain for Family Permit?

Yes, you can. If you have been refused a Family Permit or any other visa it would be prudent to take legal advice so you can move forward with your application in the best direction.

My Family Permit visa is expiring in 6 months, what should I apply for now?

You can apply for a EU Residence Card as an EEA National Family Member or submit an EU Settlement scheme application.

How much is the fee for applying for an EEA Family Permit?

The UK Visa & Immigration department does not charge you any fees to apply for EEA Family Permit as a Direct or Extended Family Member of an EEA National.

I am an EEA National livin in the UK, can I sponsor my “Adult” Non EEA National extended family members to the UK?

Yes, you can. We have helped many of our EEA National clients to bring their Non EEA National Spouses, Children, Grand Children, In-laws, Siblings & Parents to the UK.


Do You Need Immigration Advice & Want A Successful Outcome?

Talk to us! We promise we can help you! Call Now! (+44) 208-150-6709

EEA Family Permit Success Story

Recent News

Read All News

Need a UK Immigration Lawyer

Speak to our Experienced Immigration Lawyers for Honest Immigration Advice. Book your FREE ASSESSMENT Today!